Knowledge Exchange Coordinator (Part-Time)
3 days per week.
The British Grassland Society seeks a knowledge exchange coordinator to join the small team based in their offices at Reaseheath College, near Nantwich.
- Coordinating the BGS Grassland Farmer of the Year Competition and its associated events, including working with the regional representatives to encourage entries
- Managing and updating website content; contributing to social media communications
- Providing written content for the BGS magazine and website; take primary responsibility for production of the e-newsletter
- Contribute to the organisation and efficient running of major BGS events
- Assisting with technical projects, including helping farmers to set up demonstrations and/or walks, working to a high standard in on-farm delivery and written outputs
- Contributing to and/or managing the organisation of special interest days and farm walks, including marketing and liaising with speakers, sponsors and co-organisers.
- Supporting local affiliated societies; liaising with regional representatives
- Attend shows and events, help prepare suitable displays and features to engage with visitors
The role requires a good knowledge of grassland agriculture, preferably with at least an HND in a relevant subject. Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential as is a good standard of written English and demonstrable communication skills, including wider communication skills such as web, social media and newsletters.
You will be capable of working independently but also as part of the BGS team, working with the director and office administrator. A friendly outlook and a can-do attitude for working in our membership-orientated organisation are vital!
The post is for 3 days (22.5 hours) per week. The post will ideally be based at Reaseheath College, but home working will be considered for the right person notresident within travelling distance. Some flexible working will be required for events. DBS clearance is required for Reaseheath.
Interviews will be held 3rd December 2018.
Please apply via the link.