English and Academic Skills Tutor (Variable Hours)
Are you an enthusiastic and innovative English and Academic Skills Tutor looking for a unique opportunity?
Our Liverpool John Moore’s International Study Centre is offering the chance to join the business on a flexible variable hour contract, teaching English and Academic skills to students on our university preparation programmes. You’ll have the opportunity to deliver high-quality teaching to groups of international students, as well as undertake marking and feedback provision on a formative and summative basis, whilst complying with quality standards and processes.
WHY CHOOSE US
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. LJMU International Study Centre is a fantastic place to work. Based in the heart of the University, the centre offers great facilities, a great working environment, and great people. This is a close-knit centre, that’s collaborative and friendly, offering excellent development to its staff.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A flexible Holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A Bachelor’s degree and a CELTA are essential.
- A DELTA or Masters in a relevant field are highly desirable.
- You’ll be a student centred teacher, with experience in small classes, and a catalogue of creative and innovative classroom activities to ensure the highest quality of student experience.
- Extensive experience teaching English and Academic skills in post 16, UK Pathway, or Higher Education Environments.
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.