Location: Castleford Campus.
14.8 hours per week, term time only - 40 weeks per year.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Youth Worker to join our Student Services team. As a Youth Worker, you will provide a youth work service for students primarily aged 16-18, ensuring the wellbeing of students and supporting their potential to progress.
This role will involve developing positive and constructive relationships with students, to enhance their personal and social education and enable them to participate fully in all College activities. You will work with students individually and in groups, to overcome internal and external barriers to their education and working closely with the activity leaders and student union to promote active student representation.
As a Youth Worker, you will have a pivotal role in ensuring a student experience of the highest quality and supporting students to broaden their experiences and take advantage of opportunities from a college wide perspective and beyond.
This is a very diverse role, where you will work within a busy environment and liaise with lots of different staff and stakeholders with the student at the heart of the role.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about student’s achieving their potential and putting the facilities and support in place to make sure we prepare students not only for college life but for life and work beyond college. You should be a positive individual with a focus on building and developing relationships with internal and external organisations.
As a Youth Worker, you should hold:
- A recognised Level 2 Youth Work qualification
- GCSE A*-C in English and Maths or the equivalent (grades 9 - 4)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of engaging 15 -19 year olds in life enhancing opportunities and activities
- Experience of supporting young people at risk of disengaging
- The ability to develop the youth work role to meet local needs
- The ability to support students in a formal learning environment as well as in informal situations
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Interview date: Thursday 29th November 2018.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.