Catering Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Hours of work are 2.30 - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday
Summary of Responsibilities:
To run the catering unit in accordance with college demand liaising with the catering manager as necessary, providing a service that is satisfactory to college staff, students and the department.
- The preparation of drinks snacks and beverages, in accordance with Starbucks menus.
- Ensuring that production is maintained at the highest standard.
- To ensure that wastage is kept to the minimum and documented accordingly.
- Ensuring the correct usage of all equipment and materials used by staff.
- The satisfactory service of all drinks and products taking care in portion control and service standards.
- To adhere to the college Financial regulations when cash handling.
- Ensuring the unit is cleaned and maintained to the Food Hygiene Regulations Act and The Food Safety Act. Grade 5 standard maintained.
- Maintenance and improving standards of presentation.
- Operating daily checks and stock taking as required during shift.
- To ensure documentation for internal monitoring systems are completed.
- You may be asked to assist in functions or services outside your normal working hours.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Please apply via the link.