Assessor/Trainer for Mechanical/Maintenance Engineering
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assessor/Trainer for Mechanical/Maintenance Engineering to join our Apprenticeships & Commercial Training team. This opportunity will allow you to pass on your Mechanical/Maintenance Engineering experience, ideas, knowledge and skills to young people in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes.
As an Assessor/Trainer for Mechanical/Maintenance Engineering, you will deliver high quality training to individuals and groups and assess learners in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the Engineering sector.
We are looking for a qualified professional, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has a passion for Engineering and can inspire young people to help them achieve their goals.
As an Assessor/Trainer for Mechanical/Maintenance Engineering, you should have:
- NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical/Maintenance Engineering
- D32/D33, TAQA or A1 Assessor award - undertaking or willing to undertake
- GCSE A*- C in English and Maths or equivalent (new grading 9 - 4)
- Full Driving Licence and own transport/or access to transport, as you will need to visit learners in their workplaces
- Current practical experience within vocational area
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate students
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work with employers to grow business
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 30 November 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.