Politics Tutor (Variable Hour)
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture.
A fantastic opportunity has opened at our Sheffield University International Study Centre for a Politics Tutor to join on a flexible, variable hour contract. If you are a focused Tutor, that loves inspiring and empowering students to achieve their dreams, then this is the perfect environment for you.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will deliver high-quality teaching of Politics modules to groups of international students on our International Foundation Programme (Level 3).
- You’ll undertake marking and feedback provision on a formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes.
- You will support the development of students’ independent learning, whilst also providing module feedback to a relevant module coordinator.
- You will maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance.
What experience do you need?
- To succeed in this role, you’ll need adequate teaching experience, teaching Politics modules in either a Further Education Sixth Form or Higher Education setting.
- A minimum of a relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Politics or a relevant subject.
- You will require a student centred approach, with examples of innovating and creative teaching that you have successfully delivered.
- The ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (e.g. Blackboard)
Our Sheffield University International Study Centre is a vibrant community-based in the heart of the city centre. We teach more than 1,000 students every year, preparing them for the challenges of studying at a top-ranking Russell Group University. The centre offers the International Foundation (Level 3) and Pre-Masters programmes across Business, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Science and Engineering.
What can we offer?
- 30 days holiday per year that can be taken at any time.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please click the Apply button.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.