Finance Business Partner
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
SGS College has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join their Finance team. This varied role, reporting to the Head of Financial Systems & Reporting, is responsible for maintaining and providing financial information, accounts and reports that will enable managers and other stakeholders to understand performance in their activities in the College, and thereby improve financial effectiveness.
As one of two Finance Business Partner post holders working closely together, managing a portfolio of Faculties and departments, the key responsibilities will be:
- To support and provide information and advice to budget holders and administrators, working with them proactively to help improve financial performance, effectiveness and control.
- To prepare the monthly management accounts including in-year forecasts, liaising closely with the Head of Financial Systems & Reporting.
- To prepare the College Budget / 3-year Financial Plan including the income and expenditure account, balance sheet, cash-flow statement and commentary.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
- CCAB qualified accountant (or equivalent).
- Experience of providing exceptional customer service to budget managers.
- Experience of all aspects of financial control, compliance and reporting, income and expenditure accounts, balance sheet and cash flow, capital and project accounting.
- IT Literacy, including proficient in the use of Excel, and solid experience of update and maintenance of a central finance system.
Expected Interview Date: w/c 3rd December 2018.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply via the link.