Fitness and Exercise Instructor Apprentice
Employer: Hatchford Brook Golf Club
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 28th November 2018
Working week: Days and shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 30.00.
This Level 2 Exercise and Fitness apprenticeship is ideal for someone who wants to work operationally in a leisure centre with a fitness facility, and also wants to become a Fitness Instructor.
At the end of the apprenticeship you will a fully qualified Fitness Instructor and will be able to work unsupervised in a gym, advising customers on their training programmes.
To support the delivery of an engaging exercise experience for members, interacting and building relationships with members to support them in improving the way they look and feel.
The Fitness Instructor will work closely with the Personal Trainer and deliver company retention, operational and Health & Safety requirements. The Fitness Instructor will also deliver exercise programmes for new and existing members and progress into delivering Weekly Personal Training Sessions which are targeted and will ensure that personal revenue, profit and other performance targets are consistently achieved.
- Delivering company objectives based around retention
- Ensuring that member engagement benchmark targets are achieved and that member engagement quality is premium to our service
- Achieve retention member engagement targets set by the Fitness Manager
- Deliver service excellence by maintaining a high profile within the Fitness Arena, pro-actively engaging with every member on the gym floor, thus helping to create an informative, professional and positive environment
- Deliver day to day operational duties required by the Fitness Manager such as weekly, monthly maintenance checks and repairs. And ensure cleaning is delivered daily to ensure high hygiene standards
- Devise appropriate and structured exercise programmes for both new and existing members, applying the company systems and monitoring each member’s progress on a regular basis as per the Mytime Active objective
- Effectively manage new members through the Mytime Start Active Induction programme and achieve the Mytime Active benchmark targets
- Support to achieve revenue & KPI targets as per targets set by the Fitness Manager
- Ensure that you adhere to the Fitness Manager’s rota for the team as this is set to match the needs of the business
- Attend training sessions and weekly departmental meetings as and when requested
- Ensure Retention K.P.I targets are achieved through the clubs target and also individual target set by the Fitness Manager
- Maintain personal knowledge of all fitness-related matters so as to provide knowledgeable and professional advice on relevant subjects
- Responsible for own development through the Mytime Active Training & Development programme, attending CPD courses to maintain current REPS
- Support Delivery of a minimum amount of instructing hours on the Active Lifestyles Fresh Start Referral Programme
- To provide holiday/sickness cover on the referral programmes
- Conduct initial appointments and inductions on the Active Lifestyles Fresh Start Exercise Referral scheme in accordance with QMS guidelines and the Exercise Adviser Handbook
Building and maintenance:
- Close down or open the Fitness Arena when on the relevant shift, in accordance with and departmental Opening Procedures
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness within the Fitness Arena. Completing daily and weekly cleaning and maintenance checks in line with manufacturer’s instructions and site specific schedule
- Effectively implement and monitor the company’s Health and Safety policy and associated procedures
- Ensure that the buildings and grounds are maintained according to industry standards
- To carry out all duties with regard to Health & Safety requirements and regulations according to the Health & Safety Policy
- Promote an excellent standard of Customer Service operating in accordance with Mytime’s Code of Conduct and Customer Service Standards
- Develop, maintain and evolve good relations with existing Clients and stakeholders
- To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- A GCSE or equivalent in both mathematics and English (minimum A*-C/grade 4 plus)
- Functional Skill Level 2
For more information or to apply, please click the link.