Sessional Lecturer - BSc DTS and BSc BTC Software
The BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions Higher (Degree) Apprenticeship is approved by Education & Skills Funding Agency as part of a collaborative venture between Tech Partnerships’ network of employers and Higher Education Institutions. All of these employers use and depend on digital and technology skills and have growing specific skills demands in this area and so the Ravensbourne courses ensure that these market-led skill demands are met through specific training in the work place which are then enhanced by academic, study, reflection and assessment.
Our Apprenticeship programme fulfils the skills demands of technology platforms such as IP, Network and Software systems, Internet of Things and Mobile Communications and provides hands-on, flexible training to develop and support the range of services, data systems and equipment being deployed in digital and technology industries such as our Apprenticeship partner, BT.
Students graduating from our BSc (Hons) Broadcast Technology Cluster course could expect to work in a variety of areas in the broadcast industry from systems design, installation, maintenance and support, to studio and location production, post production and transmission. This programme enables students to acquire the technical knowledge and professional skills necessary to enter the broadcasting industry at graduate level through four programmes that share much of the delivery:
BSc (Hons) Broadcast Audio Technology (BAT) is focused on the use of digital audio equipment and systems in radio and TV broadcasting: BSc (Hons) Broadcast Computing (BCT) takes an overall perspective of audio, video and data systems in a broadcast environment; BSc (Hons) Broadcast Systems Technology (BST) is focused on the convergence of traditional broadcasting with the world of information communications technology.
BSc (Hons) Outside Broadcast Technology (BOT) is concerned with the use of broadcast technology at remote locations, particularly focusing on issues such as power, communications and RF engineering.
Under the direction of the Course Leader(s) and in consultation of the subject specialists, to deliver the required learning experience, in the subject area/discipline on relevant Degree Apprenticeship and/or full time Higher Education courses for the contracted dates and times.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Working in established course teams and, as directed, to participate in the assessment of student work and critical reviews.
- To act as tutor for individuals / groups of students for the relevant course(s).
- To make limited contribution of Course Monitoring and Validation.
- To participation in Peer Observation of Teaching and Staff Appraisal and staff development processes.
- To undertake other reasonable duties that may be required, from time to time, by Ravensbourne.
- To observe the Ravensbourne’s Health and Safety Regulations at all times.
- To attend as contracted unless otherwise agreed by the Course Leader.
- To adhere to the Workplace Smoking Policy.
- To comply with legislative requirements as it relates to the job, including the Data Protection Act, Equal Opportunities, Freedom of Information Act, health and safety obligations.
Interviews: Week commencing 26th November 2018.
Please apply via the link.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community in our desire to reflect the diversity of the community we serve.