Sessional Lecturer - Design & Coding / UX/UI Design
Our first interviews for this pool will be held on Friday 2nd November 2018.
Only applications submitted before 11pm on 28th October 2018 will be shortlisted for interview.
Under the direction of the Course Leader and in consultation of the subject specialist, to deliver the required learning experience, in the subject area / discipline on relevant courses at either or both Further and Higher Education levels for the contracted dates and times.
Areas of expertise should include one or more of:
- Digital design and fabrication skills: sketching/2D design, CAD, 3D printing, CNC, laser cutting, textiles, other materials prototyping skills.
- Electronics skills: simple circuit skills (LEDs, switches, sensors), wiring skills (breadboarding, veroboard/soldering, conductive fabrics), integration (incorporating electronics into 3D, acrylic, textile fabrications).
- Production: exhibition rigging, engagement with audiences, site-specific installation.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- To act as tutor for individuals/groups of students for the relevant course(s).
- Working in established course teams and, as directed, to participate in the assessment of student work and critical reviews.
- To make limited contribution of Course Monitoring and Validation.
- To participate in Peer Observation of Teaching and Staff Appraisal and staff development processes.
- To undertake other reasonable duties that may be required, from time to time, by Ravensbourne.
- To observe the Ravensbourne’s Health and Safety Regulations at all times.
- To attend as contracted unless otherwise agreed by the Course Leader.
- To adhere to the Workplace Smoking Policy.
To comply with legislative requirements as it relates to the job, including the Data Protection Act, Equal Opportunities, Freedom of Information Act, health and safety obligations.
Please click Apply to view the Person Specification.