Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
Location: Castleford Campus.
Hours of work: 18.5 hours per week.
We are looking for a motivated person, who has a passion for Engineering who will be able to provide our students with the skills, knowledge and training required for them to achieve their goals.
As a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, you will teach on one or more of a range of Mechanical Engineering courses up to Level 4 within our superbly-equipped workshops and specialist rooms available at our purpose-built Castleford Campus. Our Engineering team has strong links with industry on a regional and international level.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated person, who has a passion for Engineering who will be able to provide our students with the skills, knowledge and training required for them to achieve their goals.
As a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, you should:
- Have a Mechanical Engineering Vocational Qualification / NVQ3 or equivalent
- Hold an Assessor Awards “A” units (or willingness to undertake training)
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (new grading 9 - 4)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a relevant industry
- The ability to teach a range of Mechanical Engineering subjects, practical and theoretical
- Experience of Teaching /Training, up to level 4 ideally in the Further Education sector
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 25 October 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
*Up to £33,890 (pro rata) + Market forces payment options could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidates. This can be discussed at interview/offer.