South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSEs and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection last year.
SGS College’s Facilities Department have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Assistant. This role will be responsible for the preparation, presentation and maintenance of the campus facilities to help in delivering a safe, purposeful and outstanding learning and working environment for staff, learners and visitors.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Authorised key holder to premises;
- Room preparation including equipment / furniture movement;
- Basic maintenance tasks such as painting, lamp replacement, plumbing, shelves, notice boards, locks, PPM inspections etc.;
- Record keeping;
- Opening/Securing the building and carrying out internal and external security checks;
- Cleaning of both internal and external areas;
- Distribution and collection of parcels, equipment, rubbish etc.;
- Driving company vehicles;
- Providing a swift and courteous response to customer needs;
- Seasonal works i.e. Ice and snow clearance, grass cutting, leaf blowing etc.;
- Monitoring essential stock items;
- Providing advice guidance and information to staff, learners, visitors and external users of the facilities;
- To play an active role in Safeguarding of learners and visitors;
For more information, please see the attached Job Description. To apply, please click the apply button.
Expected Interview Date: Thursday 1 November 2018
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.