Kitchen Assistant (Part Time)
The College is seeking a Kitchen Assistant to join our Catering Team, for 30 hours per week, 9.00 am - 2.00pm Monday to Saturday, Term Time only.
The successful applicant will need to have high standards of work ethic in terms of motivation, personal presentation, punctuality and team work, along with a good sense of humour. A food hygiene qualification is an advantage, but not essential as training can be given.
Applicants should be aware that annual leave must be taken during College breaks.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain DBS clearance.
Purpose of the Job:
To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and Cleaning as directed.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages.
- Follow food hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen in accordance with health and safety, food hygiene and COSHH regulations at all times.
- Operate kitchen equipment, following training.
- Undertake cleaning and washing up as directed in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Refill and replace sauces and other consumables.
- Assist with moving and setting up dining furniture.
Person specification - applicants should describe in their application how they meet these criteria:
- You will not need previous specific experience or qualification. Recent school leavers will have evidence of basic educational achievements or qualifications.
- Food hygiene certificate an advantage.
- Some relevant experience working with food and/or in a kitchen environment.
Skills & abilities:
- Ability to use of kitchen equipment, knives for food preparation.
- Ability to be able to exchange information with other catering and dining area staff. Interaction with pupils to ascertain needs.
- Needs to be able to be responsible for the safekeeping, cleanliness and use of equipment, supplies and consumables/assembly or disassembly of equipment used by others.
- Knowledge of a limited number of procedures and equipment for preparing, serving and assisting with cooking of food, relevant hygiene requirements.
Please apply via the link.