INTERVIEWS: 22ND OCTOBER 2018
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual to the role of Lecturer in Plastering. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding area of the curriculum, which boasts continued learner success and achievement.
The role will involve teaching and assessing on plastering programmes from Level 1 to Level 3. Excellent organisational skills, an enthusiasm and passion for teaching with the ability to motivate and inspire students is essential.
The successful candidate must:
- Have completed a time served plastering apprenticeship.
- Be qualified to Level 3 in plastering.
- Have relevant experience of working within the construction industry as a qualified plasterer.
- Have teaching experience in the FE sector.
- Ideally hold a relevant Teaching Qualification/Assessors Award.
- Ideally hold a V1 internal Verifier Award.
- Ideally have a knowledge and understanding of current plastering qualifications and the new Apprenticeship Standards.
- Hold GCSE English & maths (A*-C).
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.