Apprentice Lifting Engineer
Employer: Lifting Gear UK
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 22nd October 2018
Working week: Monday – Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. Total hours per week: 40.00.
The role offers the individual an opportunity to engage in the inspection and repair of all types of lifting equipment and accessories. We are seeking an Apprentice Lifting Engineer that will value the opportunity to take on the overall responsibility to inspect, repair and maintain all types of hire equipment in a safe working environment.
Reporting to the Depot Manager/Workshop Supervisor, your main responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out Inspection, Service, Repair and Testing of Lifting equipment in accordance with LOLER & PUWER regulations
- Repair of various lifting equipment which will include but not limited to Chain Slings, Electrical Chain hoists, Pull lifts, Genies, Tirfors, Hydraulic Jacking Equipment
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping within the workshop and maintain a safe working environment
- Keeping the depot tidy and well organised at all times
- Following all company procedures and policies in company handbook
- Wearing full uniform and PPE at all times
- Ensuring that all equipment is cleaned/painted so as to be presented to customers keeping in line with company standards
- Assisting drivers, when required, with safe loading, securing and unloading
- Ensuring all relevant training has been attended
- Ensuring good communication
GCSE passes (A* to C - 4 to 9) in both English & maths or equivalent Functional Skills (Level 2)
Please apply via the link.