Teacher / Lecturer in Construction and the Built Environment (Higher Education & BTEC)
Are you an enthusiastic and qualified professional, with a passion for teaching and learning, who can inspire young people and help them achieve their goals?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Lecturer in Construction and the Built Environment, you will join our hard working and successful Construction team, to support every student reach their full potential and progress and develop skills at higher levels.
You will benefit from the superbly-equipped workshops and specialist rooms available at our purpose-built Castleford Campus.
To find out more about our Construction curriculum and the courses we offer visit www.wakefield.ac.uk/construction
As Lecturer in Construction and the Built Environment, you should:
- Hold a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction (or other related discipline)
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching Civil Engineering or Construction
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Up to £33,890 + Market forces payment options could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidates. This can be discussed at interview.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 12 October 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.