Commis Chef Apprenticeship (L2)
Possible start date: 7th January 2019
Working week: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, 37.5 hours per week
Are you looking for a career within the hospitality industry? Are you creative and have a keen eye for detail? We have employers in the Milton Keynes area who are looking for apprentices to work within their restaurants and learn about the industry.
The successful candidate will be working within the kitchen and supporting colleagues to assist with preparing fresh food where you will learn a variety of skills relating to professional cookery.
The successful candidate will be assisting with the following tasks:
- Preparation of vegetables
- Preparing starters
- General pastry jobs
You will be supervised by a chef de partie who will run the sections and also supervised by the head/sous chef who will overlook all jobs for the day.
All chefs have input into the daily specials and creativity is welcomed and honed by your senior chefs.
- Desirable - GCSEs Grade C or above in English & Maths (or equivalent) depending on employer requirements
- Predicted grades will be accepted
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Able to work under pressure
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Team player
- Remains calm under pressure
- Well presented
- Keen to learn and succeed
- Apprenticeship Standard for Commis Chef
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Attendance at College
- Regular visits from the College into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- End point assessment
- Ongoing training and support from the employer
Our employers are looking to offer permanent employment on completion of the Apprenticeship programme with good career progression. The specified salary is a starting salary and employers will review this as the apprentice progresses.