Business & Administration Apprenticeship (L3)
Possible start date: 7th January 2019
Working week: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, 37.5 hours per week
Are you looking to start a career within Business? Do you enjoy being organised and communicating with others? We have employers within the Milton Keynes area who are looking to train and support apprentices for their organisations.
The successful candidate will be supporting and engaging with different parts of the organisation and interacting with internal or external customers.
Main responsibilities may include:
- Using multiple IT packages and systems to write letters/emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data.
- Choosing the most appropriate IT solution to suit the business requirement.
- Update and review databases
- Record information
- Produce data analysis
- Communicating effectively with customers and colleagues face-to-face, via telephone, in writing or on digital platforms
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Managing stationery requirements
- Organisation of meetings and internal or external events
- Taking minutes of meetings and creating action logs from the meetings when required
- Organising travel and accommodation for colleagues
- Undertaking and managing projects when required
GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths (or equivalent)
- Good IT skills and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Professional manner
- Good communication - written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Well presented
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Team player
- Motivated and keen to learn
- Apprenticeship Standard for Business Administrator
- Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
- Attendance at College and independent study within the workplace
- Regular visits from the College to the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- End point assessment
- Ongoing training and support from the College and employer
Our employers are looking to offer a permanent position after completion of the Apprenticeship, depending on performance. Many employers offer additional benefits i.e. gym membership, pension scheme, employee assistance programmes, health care schemes. Apprentices are eligible to apply for the Apprentice Extra Card, providing discounts for travel, shopping, cinema and restaurants.