Procurement Support Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited
Possible start date: 22nd October 2018
Duration: 12 months
Working week: Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm
Mercedes Benz are looking to recruit an apprentice to support their Procurement team with a range of admin duties. If you are organised and professional and would like to learn about working in this industry, please apply today!
The successful candidate will be working in the Milton Keynes Head Office assisting the Procurement & Contracts team with the day-to-day procurement and management of selected commodities on behalf of Mercedes-Benz Cars, Van, Truck, Retail and Parts Logistics UK Ltd.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of tenders and appropriate documentation
- Drafting of contractual agreements
- Liaising with suppliers and internal customers
- Providing support on the Procurement ordering systems to internal customers within the company
- Able to gain a basic understanding of contract law, including the drafting of supplier contracts in conjunction with our Legal Department
- Undertake basic analysis alongside being able to articulate points in an understandable way and potentially presenting your findings back to senior leadership
Things to Consider:
This position will support a student who would like to have a career in Procurement.
The employer offers 23 days holiday together with the company pension scheme.
The candidate will be expected to undertake studies at MK College during this time and the business will support this opportunity.
Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer location
As an apprentice you will be able to apply for an Apprentice Extra Card, giving you discounts for shopping, cinema, restaurants and travel.
Candidate must achieve a Level 2 qualification before taking the end point assessment.
This vacancy may close early if we receive a high number of applications.
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English & Maths (or equivalent)
Predicted grades will be accepted