Apprentice First Line Support Technician (L3)
Employer: EAC Network Solutions Ltd
Possible start date: 5th November 2018
Duration: 18 months
Working week: Monday to Friday / 08:30 – 17:00 or 09:00 – 17:30 with 30 minute lunch break
Working within the Support Team, you will be required to work with the help desk technicians to respond to customer support requests. You will assist with the smooth operation of the help desk team, ensuring our core help desk processes are adhered to.
Within this role you will develop your knowledge and competency of the following key technology areas:
- Microsoft Windows, and some knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Understanding of Core Networking Services; DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Firewalls, TCP/IP
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Client Server Applications
- Operating System & Application Deployment and Updating
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Support the other members of your team.
- Adhere to the core helpdesk processes, within your team.
- Provide first line technical support via telephone, email and remote access control.
- In line with Service Management Principles, provide a high level of customer service for all support queries.
- To take ownership of customer problems and be proactive when dealing with customers issues.
- To log and update all calls on the call logging system.
- Escalate more complex calls to an appropriate IT Support member.
- Liaise with external support partners, such as Vendors like Microsoft, Dell and Aerohive where necessary for any problems which cannot be resolved in-house.
- Assist other people within the organisation with the preparation of documentation such as a scope of work.
GCSE A*- C/4-9 (or equivalent) in English and Maths