Maths and Physics Tutor
Would you love the opportunity to work for a global business, empowering talented students from across the globe?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is what our centres set out to do every day. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love people that thrive in this environment. Here at the University of Huddersfield International Centre, we pride ourselves in providing a supportive learning experience that prepares our students for the challenges of undergraduate and postgraduate study. We place the student at the centre of all we do, so if you are passionate about changing lives through opportunities in education, this role is for you!
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will plan appropriate, effective and inclusive Maths and Physics learning programmes through schemes of work that promote equality and engage with diversity.
- You’ll prepare teaching sessions which accommodate individualised learning using a variety of resources, including digital learning.
- You will apply the theories and principles of assessment including initial, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment.
- You’ll work as part of the Maths and Physics Team to produce and develop an exciting curriculum for students.
- Be prepared to operate on a flexible basis to meet the needs of the STEM Team and the Centre as a whole
What experience do you need?
You are a student centred Tutor, experienced in working in small classes. You will have a catalogue of engaging ideas and exciting classroom exercises, and the energy required to effectively deliver a positive experience for our students. You will need to have:
- A Cert Ed, PCET or PGCE teaching qualification (working towards, or willingness to achieve).
- Qualified to Degree level or professional equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- Successful teaching, learning and assessment experience at level 3 ideally in a Further Education environment.
- Thorough subject knowledge of Maths and Physics, with a background in Engineering being highly desirable.
- Ability to contribute to the design, development and evaluation of curriculum, resources and assessment methods.
We are the University of Huddersfield International Study Centre. In partnership with the University of Huddersfield, we are a successful Study Centre, working with a large number of students from all over the world, full of talented teaching enthusiasts and a key part of the global Study Group network. We are based in a beautiful campus, in the heart of a traditional Yorkshire town that has an excellent nightlife and is commutable to major cities.
The Application Process:
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.