Are you an Academic leader with the skillset, ability, and ambition, to take on operational leadership of a highly credible International Study Centre?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education. Durham University International Study Centre has been open for a year, and has seen some really positive growth. We are now pleased to offer the opportunity for an experienced Centre Director to join the business in a key role that offers excitement, variety, and growth opportunity. We are a collaborative, creative, and forward thinking business, and love people that thrive in this environment.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
This is an exciting role where you will take ownership of the operational leadership of the team responsible for crafting and delivering the University of Durham’s International Study Centre’s exceptional portfolio of programmes. It’s phenomenal opportunity in a centre where no day is the same. You will own the relationship with the partner university in respect of operational and academic management matters.
- You will motivate staff to ensure the best possible student outcome and student experience.
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of all the centres academic programmes.
- You will ensure that the centres programmes adhere to all required quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- You will be responsible for any new courses for approval and existing courses for re-approval.
What experience do you need?
We would like someone that is commercially minded and with a driven attitude for success. See some of the key experience that we would love to see:
- Extensive leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education.
- Experience of leading and facilitating change.
- Experience of planning and running complex education courses and programmes.
- You are adaptable in an ever-changing environment, have excellent leadership skills, and have a positive mentality that is implemented across the centre.
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector.
- Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes.
Our Durham University Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opening its doors in September last year. Based in the spectacular Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talented students from across the globe. The centre runs a dynamic curriculum across the International Foundation, and the Pre-Masters programme. This is a high-energy centre, where no day is the same. The centre is right next to the River Tees and the breath taking Infinity Bridge.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an exceptional experience to all, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.