Progression & Student Support Officer
To provide support for the full range of activities undertaken by the Progression Support & Student Support Teams. Within Progression Support this would include (but not be limited to): data management and reporting; progression management and enhancement; student support and communication of policies.
Within Student Support this would include (but not be limited to): support of the attendance monitoring & intervention process; reception and front of house duties; assisting in the support of students at the English Language Teaching Centre; other general activities related to student pastoral support.
The Progression Support team works collaboratively with all other teams in the College, and stakeholders in the University to "prepare international students to progress and thrive at the University of Sheffield (TUoS) through successful completion of their programme". The team continually monitors student performance to ensure that timely support is provided with a view to enhancing each individual's opportunity for success, if a student is unlikely to progress to the University of Sheffield.
The Student Support team work with a variety of stakeholders to provide a wide range of pastoral support to students in the College.
Key Responsibilities within Progression Support:
- Supporting all processes undertaken by the team to achieve progression related targets.
- Responding to progression-related enquiries from students, staff and visitors to University of Sheffield International College either in person, by telephone or by e-mail.
- Assisting the creation and maintenance of student facing materials for use on MOLE.
- Supporting processes to provide students with regular feedback on their performance, summative results and facilitating the communication of this to key stakeholders.
- Providing support to all Progression Support Team (PST) aspects of student registration in collaboration with Student Support and Registry.
- Meeting with students to discuss progression requirements, policies and procedures and guiding them through the course options available to them.
- Working closely with students and Academic Staff to complete the study plan change process.
- Assisting with the organisation of Departmental Engagement Activities and representing the team at events when required.
- Supporting end of term and programme processes such as the Clearing and communicating/explaining outcomes to students.
- Updating progression data in line with Professional Services processes to ensure that all progression information is up to date and accurate.
Key Responsibilities within Student Support:
- Supporting all aspects of Student Registration and Induction.
- Assisting the day-to-day support of students studying at the English Language Teaching Centre.
- Ensuring that all students who are required to register with the police on arrival to the UK do so correctly and within the required time scales.
- Supporting the implementation of the College Attendance Policy
- Providing face to face advice and support on a variety of issues via the College Reception
- Assisting with any other tasks within the Student Support team as and when required.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send completed application form and CV via the Apply link.