Head of Business and Economics
Head of Business and Economics (Maternity Cover) will provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student outcomes; quality assurance and enhancement that is commended by the QAA; and curriculum innovation which embeds strong collaborative working with both the University and the network.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting the academic team of Business and Economics. Reporting to the Assistant Director Curriculum and Progression, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside of the College and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University.
The successful candidate will have recent successful line academic management experience in Science and have proven ability to engage with external stakeholders in collaborative developments.
- Communicate our vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the College to achieve the aspirational targets for student outcomes
- Communicate our vision for the development of the academic partnership with the host university.
- Communicate our vision for the development of programme pathways
- Contribute to planning and development including human resources; academic development.
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and co-ordination of staff resources across the all-academic and progression support teams in the College, working closely with the other Heads of Subject and Assistant Director Curriculum and Progression.
- Ensure the recruitment of academic staff is planned, timely and compliant.
- Ensure that the academic team meet key all minimum expectations/compliance in their duties.
Quality assurance and enhancement
- Taking responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, the accuracy and completeness of published information, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the College.
- Oversee the effective operation of the Programme Committees and implementation of Programme Area Enhancement Plans (PREPs).
- Contribute to ensuring that the College is fully compliant with Study Group's, University of Sheffield and relevant external agencies' quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director for Professional Services and their function heads to ensure that timetables and assessment schedules are delivered effectively, staff are recruited compliantly and Professional Services (PS) and Academic staff work together as one team.
- Contribute to delivering the curriculum effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the other Heads of Subject and ELTC staff to ensure that appropriate, current and relevant subject, academic skills and language development are integrated and embedded in the programme, aligned with the partnership articulation.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the college virtual learning environment (VLE).
- Support a cost conscious working environment
- Build relationships within the organisation and beyond to offices, agents, and sponsors
- Develop close and effective working relations with key partners within the University of Sheffield.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply with Application Form and CV via the apply link.