South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSEs and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection last year.
SGS College’s Estates Department have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Assistant at our Filton Campus. This role will assist in the preparation, presentation and maintenance of the campus facilities to help in delivering a safe, purposeful and outstanding learning and working environment for staff, learners and visitors.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Providing a swift and courteous response to customer needs
- Opening the building and carrying out pre-start inspections
- Securing the building and carrying out internal and external security checks
- Basic maintenance tasks such as painting, lamp replacement, plumbing and managing completion of these tasks
- Cleaning of both internal and external areas
- Organising distribution and collection of parcels, equipment, waste etc.
- Contractor supervision and access Participating in seasonal works i.e. ice and snow clearance, leaf blowing, etc.
- Maintaining security of campus and assets - this includes challenging learners and unidentified persons
- Providing advice, guidance and information to staff, learners, visitors and external users of the facilities
- To play an active role in Safeguarding of learners and visitors
Closing Date: Tuesday 16 October 2018 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Tuesday 23 October 2018
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply via the link.