Learning Resource Centre Manager
B&FC are recruiting a Learning Resource Centre Manager, this post will manage the centre on the Bispham and Fleetwood campuses. Leading a team of still in providing an innovative, customer centres resource service to the college.
- To lead a team of staff who provide an innovative, customer-centred Learning Resources service to the college community.
- To carry out staff development, performance reviews and HR related paperwork for the LRC team.
- To manage and arrange staff leave and cover within the team to ensure a consistent service, occasionally at late notice.
- To help, coach and support the Learning Resources Adviser, Fleetwood.
- To design and deliver an academic and digital literacy programme that suits the needs of students and staff by
- Assessing the needs of students in relation to academic and digital literacy skills
- Assisting with the delivery of college career pathways in relation to the development of academic, digital, employability and graduate skills within our students.
- Delivering online support to students and staff in relation to academic and digital literacy skills
- To promote the services of the LRC to students and staff using a range of media and value added activities.
- To organise the purchase and management of resources to meet the needs of students and staff on the Bispham Campus.
- To liaise with students and assess how they feel about the Centre’s services and use this knowledge to enhance the student experience.
- To have an understanding of a wide range of educational learning technologies and the ability to deliver staff development sessions and offer support on these to academic staff.
- To support academic staff with the development of digital resources.
- To contribute towards and use data analysis to increase engagement with the Learning Resources service.
- To liaise with the Finance department over cash handling and banking with regard to the collection of fines, photocopier and stationery sales in accordance with the college’s financial regulations.
- To maintain a range of purposeful, tidy and welcoming working environments for students within the LRC and promote positive behaviour strategies.
- To ensure safe practices with regard to health and safety by ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements and completing and reviewing risk assessments where appropriate.
The post will entail some evening and/or occasional weekend work.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Interview Date: 1 October 2018