Skills Coach- Mechanical Engineering
B&FC are recruiting a Skills Coach specialising in Mechanical Engineering undertaking the delivery of skills and assessment within the workplace and College.
- Provide pastoral care to students during the period of their apprenticeship to include career planning, employability targets, access to safeguarding, Fundamental British Values (FBV) and Prevent information, support and guidance.
- To undertake health and safety checks in order to maintain a safe working environment for work based provision.
- Undertake skills scans assessments to inform target setting for the apprentice training plan as part of their Individual Learning Plan (ILP).
- Conduct detailed timely and robust reviews using the OneFile e-portfolio platform with students and employers monitoring all aspects of the training plan as agreed on the Individual Learning Plans, including off the job training and on the job skills progress.
- Manage a full caseload of students and employers and respond to queries from employers and students concerning the apprenticeship programme.
- Use management information systems and the e portfolio platform OneFile to monitor and action student performance against targets within Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) and take appropriate action.
- Agree and share ILPs for apprentices with employers based on skills scans and updated progress reviews.
- Complete initial assessments.
- Liaise directly with colleagues across the College to maintain up to date information on student progress for all elements of the apprenticeship programme including maths and English and underpinning knowledge within curriculum areas.
- Set up and monitor progress of Career Plans on OneFile as part of the review.
- Complete IMR registers and upload on to OneFile
- Use the College CRM to maintain up to date information about employer contact.
- Undertake training and up-skilling via industry updating to ensure full effectiveness in the role.
- Contribute to the Quality Impact Reviews (QIRs) as part of the Self-Assessment Review (SAR) and Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Provide information and data to support EV and SV visits.
- Promote progression opportunities to apprentices and their employers as part of the review process and in line with established career plans.
- To implement both internal and external Employer and Student Surveys in a timely manner.
- To deliver/support underpinning knowledge and understanding as required.
- To support the implementation of internal and external surveys with students and employers.
- To carry out duties with due regard to the College’s policies on Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, Health & Safety and Quality Assurance and Professional Standards
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Interview Date: 26 September 2018