Lecturer - Fishery Management and Marine Ecology HE
A Lecturer is required to join the successful Fishery Studies team at University Centre Sparsholt. Applicants will have a broad knowledge in marine ecology and, both marine and freshwater fishery management subjects supported by a research background. Additionally, some experience of dissertation supervision, experimental design and data analysis would be beneficial. The successful candidate will deliver on both theory and practical sessions to undergraduate and post-graduate students. Candidates should have previous teaching experience and an appropriate teaching qualification, or willingness to attain.
This vacancy is for a January start date.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus (Winchester)
Closing Date: 01 October 2018
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on- site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Please apply via application form to the email address via the apply link