Monday - FridayWe are looking for a Commis Chef to join our team at our modern College in Deptford, to assist in the production of fresh food - delivered to a consistently high standard to a diverse range of International customers. Our operation includes breakfast, lunch and dinner services and occasional events. We are a 7 day operation serving up to 2000 covers per week to the students and staff of the college.
This is an ideal position for an experienced Commis Chef who will assist with our canteen service with a passion to produce food from fresh ingredients to high standard for our buffet service.
Commis Chef - Job Specification
- Assisting with food preparation including veg prep, breakfasts, salads & soup
- Keeping server area clean and organised, displaying products as per dept. standards
- Maintain excellent standards of customer service providing information and assistance with regard to the food and service
- Keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- General cleaning duties
- Any other kitchen duties as required.
You’ll need to be friendly and approachable with a genuine love of people and good service. Basic food preparation skills are essential plus an interest and enthusiasm for producing quality home cooked food from fresh ingredients. You need to be a good team player and be methodical and organised, dedicated to high standards of practice within food safety legislation
- 40hr per week contract
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 30 days after 5 years plus 8 bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Commitment to training and development of staff
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please contact the Catering Recruitment inbox for any further information, Cateringrecruitment@studygroup.com .
To apply, please upload your completed application form via the apply link.
Apply for Commis Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly