General Catering Assistant
An opportunity has arisen and we are looking for an additional Catering Assistant to join our busy, energetic, hardworking and enthusiastic catering team. If you enjoy working in a fast moving environment and being part of a large team this could be the role for you.
Bellerbys College is based in a modern building in central Brighton close to the rail station. We are a well-established global company that prepares international students for university degree programmes, teaches high school education, and teaches English language courses. Study Group owns and operates colleges and also partners with more than 50 universities across the UK, Europe, North America and Australasia.
The Catering Assistant - Job Specification
- Serving on the till throughout evening meal service
- Keeping the cafeteria area clean and restocked
- Keeping server area clean and organised, displaying products as per dept. standards
- Maintain excellent standards of customer service providing information and assistance with regard to the food and service
- Keeping the pot wash and kitchen area clean and tidy
- General cleaning duties
- Any other kitchen duties as required.
You’ll need to be friendly and approachable with a genuine love of people and good service. Good communication skills are a must as you will be conversing with a diverse range of international customers and providing information with regard to our food offer. You need to be a good team player and be methodical and organised. A basic food hygiene certificate would be an advantage.
You would be self-motivated, versatile and have the ability to work your own initiative with little supervision. Be extremely customer focussed and have good communication skills.
- 20hr per week contract Mon-Fri
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 30 days after 5 years plus 8 bank holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Commitment to training and development of staff
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply, please upload your completed application form via the apply link.
Apply for General Catering Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly