Trainer/Assessor Business Administration & Customer Service
7 days left
- Part Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainer/Assessor in Business Administration & Customer Service at Grantham College. The purpose of the role is to ensure apprentices successfully achieve their Apprenticeship Framework/Standard. The successful candidate will prepare apprentices for appropriate qualifications/End Point Assessments.
Hours for this role are 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out initial employer visits to ensure the workplace resources and opportunities are suitable to meet the requirements of the intended programme, keeping appropriate records
- Provide initial advice and guidance to potential candidates and employers, providing an effective induction, clearly outlining expectations and commitments of all involved
- Keep up to date with relevant changes as prescribed by awarding bodies, the Institute for Apprenticeships, the ESFA and other regulatory bodies
- Recommend which standards are to be delivered and work with college colleagues to ensure relevance to employers, consistency and quality standards are upheld
- Work with the recruitment team to review existing provision and on the development of appropriate new standards/programmes to ensure cost effectiveness and facilitate the growth of the area
- Meet internal and external quality assurance requirements, following relevant processes, using appropriate systems
- Carry out regular progress reviews with employers and apprentices, highlighting any concerns to the appropriate person immediately.
- Taking responsibility for the end to end process of your own caseload of apprentices and their progression/achievement
- Monitor and facilitate 20% off the job requirements and manage and maintain apprentice data and track progress using appropriate management information systems (e.g. eportfolio)
- Create, develop and deliver appropriate training sessions in an environment which supports the personal and professional development of apprentices
- Assess objectively against published criteria and ensure apprentices and employers are prepared for the End Point Assessment process where relevant
- Promote the College and Business related provision, including project work, with key stakeholders as appropriate
You will need:
- A relevant assessor qualification - TAQA or equivalent
- Maths and English Functional skills level 2 or equivalent
- Experience working in a business environment and evidence of continuous professional development in the sector
- Experience of assessing candidates in the workplace and tracking apprentices/learners and reporting against learning plan outcomes.
- Experience of delivering outcome focussed, accredited training programmes
- A comprehensive knowledge of Business Administration and Customer Service competency based qualifications and current standards
- Able to work on own initiative and remotely with minimum supervision
- Employer engagement experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To be able to effectively manage a cohort of learners and ensure apprenticeship completion in a timely manner whilst meeting IQA/EQA standards
- Willing to engage with project or development work as required
In return we can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 23 August 2018 with interviews held on Friday 31 August 2018.