Bank Accommodation Officer
Grantham College is looking for Bank Accommodation Officer to be responsible for the immediate supervision and welfare of students living in onsite accommodation.
The successful candidate will need to be highly adaptable as there is not a regular hours but will also need to have a reasonable weekly availability.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure all students in on-site accommodation behave in accordance with terms set out in the student licence
- Monitor and supervise activity of students ensuring they adhere to Health & Safety procedures
- Ensure all communal and study bedrooms areas are kept clean with issues identified and reported appropriately
- Plan, participate and contribute in social and extra-curricular activities to develop students’ independent living, study and employability skills
- Work independently while on duty following relevant procedures for escalating concerns
The successful applicant will have:
- Maths and English GCSE grade A-C
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with student discipline
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative
- Housekeeping/cleaning skills
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- The ability to complete manual handling activities
- Computer literacy skills
- Experience working with students aged 16-19 in youth work, care, education or a similar setting
An understanding of OFSTED regulations regarding residential accommodation is desirable.
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 17 August 2018.