Child Care Lecturer – Higher Education
- Part Time
Working one day per week on a Friday
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in the Health & Social Care department of Grantham College.
We are looking for an outstanding Early Years Specialist to teach Early Childhood Supporting Teaching and Early Childhood Rights. This position also require the post holder to teach an Inclusion unit.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Interview for, teach on, assess and as appropriate, internally moderate H&SC courses from Level 2 to 5
- Support the development and expansion of the H&SC Higher Education Curriculum
- Teach using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches, on a range of courses within the health, social care and early years curriculum area
- Take responsibility for specific areas of work within the curriculum area
- Provide tutorial support and guidance to students both in college and in the workplace
- provide general guidance to students including tutorial work, transition planning and liaising with external and partner agencies as required
- Carry out administrative duties associated with teaching, including maintenance of registers, schemes of work, assessments, reports, course records and course evaluations to a satisfactory standard and within established deadlines
You will need to:
- Have a degree level qualification or equivalent and be qualified to teach Health & Social Care up to and including Level 5
- Possess qualified teacher status – DTLLS or equivalent or be willing to work towards this
- Communicate effectively with others cross college and within the curriculum
- Be organised, efficient and flexible with excellent time management skills
In return we can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 17 August 2018.