What is this role and where does it fit in?
We are looking for a passionate and committed Mathematics Lecturer who will play a key role within our teaching team. Working closely with the Head of Subjects ad others teaching and management staff, you would be involved in the overall student learning experience to ensure the highest level of quality is achieved.
Specifically you will:
- deliver Mathematics modules (on average 25 hours a week) to international students studying on the programmes offered by the Centre
- collaborate to the modules development,
- prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment in collaboration with a team of lecturers,
- assess students’ work and participate in the moderation process.
- support with their studies through tutorials and tailored individual meetings,
- develop and maintain the relevant modules’ virtual learning environment (VLE),
- provide input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process,
- maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance,
- provide, when/if required, academic learning support/teaching to a small number of students,
- pro-actively participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff,
- perform other related tasks as indicated by the management.
What experience do you need?
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about teaching and learning and can act as a role model to others. The right person will be Masters qualified, with extensive experience teaching Sciences subjects in Dutch Higher Education and/or secondary school environments. We love innovation, creativity, and collaboration, so someone who encourages this within a teaching and learning environment would be welcomed.
Please see some of the experience that will certainly be of interest.
- Preferably Master Degree in Mathematics or relevant subject area. Minimum Bachelor degree.
- Teaching qualification or relevant teaching experience.
- Experience in developing teaching material.
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment/Blended Learning & Teaching technologies.
- A student centred approach, that incorporates innovate and creative classroom activities.
- IT proficient
- Fluent in English.
Where is this role based?
Holland International Study Centre (HISC) – Study Group. HISC prepares students from all over the world for a university degree in the Netherlands. The centre aims to provide international students with the optimum educational preparation courses which range from International Foundation Years in Business and Science, to Pre-Masters Preparation.
HISC is a high achieving, fast paced, and forward thinking centre, which is a part of the global Study Group network.
Based in Amsterdam, very near to Central Station, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and a truly international environment.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please send a CV and motivation letter. A member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to present a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) and undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers and criminal records if appropriate.