Interim Director of Human Resources (Maternity Cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join B&FC as our Interim Director of Human Resources. If you thrive in a dynamic and forward-thinking business, where new ideas and innovation are supported and encouraged, and you have the skills, experience and knowledge we seek, then we would be keen to hear from you.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To implement the HR Strategy in order to deliver the future strategic direction of the College’s human resource. To provide the lead specific issues such as organisational development, pay and reward, employment law, employee relations, as well as delivering best practice HR systems and process improvements to deliver improvements and provide tools to support managers to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
- To deploy an effective long-term HR Strategy which compliments the College’s Corporate Plan and establishes clear objectives and all necessary delivery mechanisms.
- To provide outstanding leadership of the HR function, ensuring that targets are met and performance improved, both on an individual and a team basis.
- To lead organisational development change programmes designed to ensure that services are developed and delivered in accordance with strategic aims and values of the College.
- To deliver advice, support and information by translating expert knowledge into an appropriate format, helping colleagues understand the options available and, where appropriate, making recommendations.
- To support and empower managers across the organisation to make sound HR related decisions.
- To help foster and maintain an organisational climate and culture which reflects the College’s strategic objectives and improves performance.
- To contribute to the development of a proactive and vibrant staff development programme which will develop capability at both individual and team levels in line with the College’s vision and Strategy and lead to organisational improvement and success.
- To lead strategies to develop and nurture talent within the organisation by implementing a proactive approach to succession planning and developing and improving people management skills across the College.
- To safeguard the Corporation from litigation.
- To effectively contribute to the College’s business planning processes to ensure the college resources are robust and we are in a position to anticipate and respond to changing educational landscape.
- To generate innovative and proactive solutions HR strategies and well-being initiatives.
- To develop policies and practices which enable the College to attract and retain the staff needed to support its growth and success.
- To build collaborative relationships with key partners to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HR.
- To maintain, develop and implement effective employee relationship frameworks, including working with recognised trade unions.
- To develop and implement effective remuneration strategy together with non-financial rewards.
- To lead by example, setting exemplary standards in professional standards and boundaries across the organisation.
- To deliver the College’s equality objectives, and reporting responsibilities as per legal requirements, but also develop a framework that is proactive and sector leading.
- To lead on the College’s safeguarding agenda in respect of staffing matters.
Duties of all Managers
- To support the College in its corporate endeavours and achievement of its Mission, Ambition and Strategic Plan.
- To produce an annual development plan for the HR service, to achieve agreed targets and to report achievement by means of an annual report.
- To undertake an annual HR service Self-Assessment exercise in order to monitor and evaluate HR service performance.
- To lead by example and provide visible demonstration of the Leadership and Management Charter.
- To establish and secure quality improvement and produce an annual Quality Improvement Plan.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection and be responsible for the development and performance review of HR staff.
- To manage budgets and resources effectively and efficiently.
- To establish effective communication within the HR service.
- To maintain and improve Health and Safety standards.
Closing date: 28th August 2018, 12pm (midday).
Interview date: 5th September 2018.