Technician - Construction Crafts
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, to join our team of Technicians within the Faculty of Construction, based at our STEM Centre.
This role will support a range of workshop activities specifically bricklaying, plastering and tiling. You will prepare work areas and materials for practical classes and maintain accurate stock levels. In addition, you will ensure the resources and tools are stored securely and work in line with the current legislation, codes of practice and College policies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Level 2/3 craft qualification
- Have undertaken fork lift truck driver training - desirable
- Hold a First Aid Certificate - desirable
- Have experience of working with young people in a busy workshop environment
- Have strong communication skills
- Hold a Level 2 English and Math (GCSEs or Functional Skills)
- Have basic IT skills
Closing date: Monday 20 August 2018.
Interviews: Week Commencing - Tuesday 28 August 2018.