Foundation Subject Leader (Science)
Fixed term for two years initially.
Are you an accomplished sixth form teacher looking for a rare opportunity in Science?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is what we are offering with this exciting new part time role. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love people that thrive in this environment. A unique opportunity has opened within our Bellerbys Colleges, to work as a Subject Leader across 2 of our 3 colleges delivering our Science Foundation modules. This is brand new role offering excitement, an autonomous environment, and the opportunity to shape and develop the role. If you are passionate about providing world class academic quality, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. See below some of the interesting benefits of working for Study Group.
- Working within a collaborative global network.
- Working in partnership with the University of Lancaster.
- Personal and professional Development opportunities.
- Holiday that can be taken during term-time.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will lead the Academic development of material, curriculum and annual monitoring on all Science modules on our foundation pathway.
- You will provide support and training to those delivering the modules.
- You'll ensure the integrity and quality of assessments, the curriculum, and the constructive alignment of the modules on the programme.
- Collect and analyse results of individual modules and the pathway to produce termly and annual reports.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to maintain the currency and quality of each module to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university degree programmes.
What experience do you need?
You are an adaptable individual that is passionate about maintaining the highest quality academic standards in curriculum and assessment. This is not a teaching role; however we would love someone with extensive teaching experience that is now looking for a change. You will be an excellent communicator, extremely organised, and have an acute eye for detail.
- Adequate teaching experience, ideally from within a secondary school environment.
- Experience designing and delivering courses with reference to external frameworks.
- Previous experience working with a VLE, with the vision to use data to improve our learner outcomes.
- You will have experience of standardisation and moderation of course work and exams.
- A creative and innovative approach to achieving results.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work remotely across our college sites. You will ideally be based in the South East of England as this is where the majority of your travel will be. So whether it's the energetic and vibrant Brighton site based in the heart of the city or our stunning Cambridge site that's encompassed by history, this role offers huge variety on daily basis.
To apply, please complete the application form below and return it via the apply link.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Applications must be returned by 24th August 2018.