Progression and Welfare Officer
Do you take pride in helping students achieve their goals and dreams?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is what our centres set out to do every day. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love people that thrive in this environment. An amazing opportunity has opened at our Liverpool John Moore’s University International Study Centre for a personable Welfare expert to join the Professional Services Team. This role will play a key role in ensuring that our students have the most enjoyable experience whilst studying. If you like the idea of helping students that come from over 150 countries, in a role where you can empower students and really make a difference, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will ensure that each student has access to relevant, timely, and accurate Student Welfare information, advice and guidance.
- You’ll deal promptly and professionally with student enquiries and requests for day-to-day support.
- You will work with both the academic and professional services team to create and sustain a high level of attendance and study engagement at the International Study Centre.
- You’ll implement strategies for engagement and supporting cohorts of students who are identified as at risk of not achieving the relevant progression requirements for their chosen undergraduate/postgraduate programme at the University.
- To be the main point of contact and liaison for the College Guardians and for all under 18 students.
- To support the ISC Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) when needed
What experience do you need?
You are an empathetic, approachable welfare professional, with the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with young people and adults. You will have the skillset to demonstrate high emotional resilience when working with challenging behaviours. We would love people that are enthusiastic and committed to their work. If you have the below experience then we would be very keen:
- Previous experience providing welfare support and pastoral care to students, ideally in a Further Education, or High Education environment.
- Up to date knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy & Procedures.
- Organisational Skills; working systematically and with strong time management skills
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office) including the ability to create and use spreadsheets at a highly proficient level
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- GCSE Grade C in Maths and English
This position is based at the Liverpool John Moore’s University International Study Centre! LJMU International Study Centre is a fantastic place to work! Based in the heart of the University, the centre offers great facilities, and great working environment, and great people. The team are all friendly and professional, and take great pride in supporting out students.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.