Nursery Officer x 3
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are looking to hire 3 x Nursery Officers across Greater Manchester. We have full-time (37 hours per week) and part-time (18.5 hours per week) positions available where you will work during term-time only. We have some flexibility and can discuss your working preferences at interview stage.
In this position you will be responsible for;
- . Provide a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities for all children
- . Ensure the needs of individual learners are planned for, supported and monitored
- . Follow the EYFS for all children, ensure EYFS planning and monitoring across the 7 Learning Areas is completed for every child and ensure timely completion of EYFS tracking and learning journeys
- . Safeguard all children and to report any concerns direct to the Designated Safeguarding Person or to Social Services, following nursery and Local Authority procedures
The role of the Nursery Officer is to ensure stimulating, personalised high quality care for all children. You will follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework, Ofsted and Local Authority day care standards while planning for individual children's needs in your key family group taking into account different levels of abilities.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Level 2 qualification in childcare/education
- Paediatric first aid
- Safeguarding training
- Maths and English Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in an early years/childcare setting
- Knowledge of the EYFS Framework and Ofsted Common Inspection Framework
If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Thomson at; RThomson@tmc.ac.uk
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
Good luck with your application!