Lecturer in Highways
Working in partnership with national and regional construction and engineering employers Dudley College of Technology has just opened its new Centre for Digital Engineering and Modern Construction Technologies. As a result we have identified new roles that will enable us to provide the highest levels of support to our apprentices and higher education learners. The new £12m facility houses some of the latest technologies in the construction sector and is industry leading in the areas of digital engineering, immersive technologies and ‘’off site’’ construction. We are particularly interested in recruiting industry experts who are looking for new opportunities to use their recent industry skills and expertise to enrich the lives of young people and adults through passing on their knowledge.
As part of Dudley College’s continued expansion we are now seeking qualified and experienced staff to join our team working on Civil Engineering, Highways Maintenance, Utilities, and Construction Management apprenticeships and training programmes. You will have experience in the training of some or all of the following: Health and Safety in Construction, Streetworks awards, Site Safety Plus programmes, Highways Maintenance, Construction Site Supervision and Management courses.
In return, we offer a generous pay and reward package including:-
- Annual salary of up to £35,679 for Lecturers.
- Enrolment into the Teacher’s Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions.
- 37 days annual leave for Lecturers, 8 bank holidays and 5 efficiency days.
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption schemes.
- Staff incentive schemes including childcare vouchers, BHSF Health and Care Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme and multiple local company discounts.
- Commitment to your continuous professional development, including obtaining the relevant teaching and assessing qualifications.
- Staff recognition scheme.
There’s never been a better time to join our Construction and Engineering department, with huge expansion planned to meet sector demand and success rates of learners constantly improving we could just be the next step you’ve been looking to make in your career.
Closing date – 24 August 2018
A teaching qualification would be an advantage or a commitment to undertake this within the first year of employment is essential.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and children and adults barred list checks where the applicant will be employed in a regulated activity.
Dudley College of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, including disabled, and black and ethnic minority applicants.