IT Tutors - Basic Skills - Part Time
Various daytime, evening and weekend hours available
Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) judged by Ofsted Inspection as “officially good and on our way to outstanding” is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We offer a large and diverse programmes of further education qualification courses and employer-based training as well as extensive community based provision. We have a diverse, enthusiastic student community, taught and supported by well qualified, dedicated staff. Our three main centers in Westminster are all modern, easily accessible and purpose built, offering high quality teaching and learning facilities.
We are looking for experienced and qualified ICT tutors to deliver Entry level Functional Skills ICT, Level 1 IT User Skills and the level 2 ECDL extra, to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessments across our expanding IT provision with opportunities to support learners and develop your skills across the service.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to the learners, ensuring they are challenged, complete their work in a timely manner and are exam ready at the end.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering Functional Skills ICT, IT User and ECDL qualifications to learners in line with awarding body requirements
- Support the curriculum initial advice and guidance process for prospective learners, to ensure we have the right candidates on the right courses
- Carryout diagnostic assessments as part of the learners induction
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports
- Liaising with the basic skills curriculum team to ensure quality is maintained
- Ensuring all documentation i.e. portfolios are completed to a satisfactory level
- Support of our online functional skills delivery program
Please click the Apply link to be redirected to our vacancies site for further information.
If you have any queries in relation to this post, please email email@example.com
Please note, CV’s will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date for this post is 9am Monday 13 August 2018.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/834 when applying for this post
Interviews for this post will be held end August 2018.
This post may close earlier if suitable candidates are found.