Academic English Skills Tutor
6 days left
- Part Time
Would you love an opportunity to work with international students from over 150 different countries?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and if you are as passionate about international education as we are then this could be the opportunity for you. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love people that thrive in this environment. An exciting opportunity has opened for an exceptionally talented, passionate, and driven, Academic English Tutor to join our Coventry London University International Study Centre. We are offering a flexible contract, working in a small and growing team. See below some of rare benefits of working with Study Group:
- An FE environment that isn’t completely restricted by processes.
- No evening or weekend classes.
- Holiday that can be taken during term-time.
- Working in partnership with Strathclyde University.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- Rare classroom environment.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will deliver the English Module provision of the centre (Academic English Skills)
- You’ll provide feedback on the levels of students and develop suitable resources.
- You will inform the Head of Centre and relevant pathway subject leader of any resource requirements within the centre,.
- Follow the requirements of the teaching role in terms of monitoring student attendance, punctuality and progress, setting and marking assignments and contributing to student reports.
- Tackle Personal Tutor responsibilities.
- You’ll follow the requirements of the teaching role in terms of monitoring student attendance, punctuality and progress, setting and marking assignments and contributing to student reports.
- You will provide information to the relevant External Examiner(s) and present results to our Modular Assessment Board and Progression Academic Board.
What experience do you need?
You are a student centred Tutor, experienced in working in small classes. You will have a catalogue of engaging ideas and exciting classroom exercises, and the energy required to effectively deliver a positive experience for our students. You will need to have:
- A relevant Degree/CELTA/DELTA and/or Masters.
- Experience in delivering English modules in either a Further Education, or Higher Education environment.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the needs of International Students.
- Experience using a VLE would be highly desirable.
This role is based in our Coventry University London International Study Centre. Located in Greenwich, this is a centre that specialises in Business and AES, offering the Internal Foundation, the International Year One, and Pre-Masters courses, to the students. The centre has a tight-knit team that are passionate about International Education. There is an excellent working environment for staff, offering a nice balance or focus and energy.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.