Finance and Accounting Tutor
- Part Time
Do you take pride in working in a team that empower students to achieve their goals and dreams?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is what our University of Sussex International Student Centre set out to achieve every day. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love adaptable people that thrive in this environment. A positive opportunity has opened for a Tutor with expertise in Finance and Accounting, to join the Business Team. This is a large team that includes an array of experience, personalities and skill-sets. We would love to find a true phenomenal teammate that is willing to fully adopt the Study Group culture. See below the unrivalled benefits of working with Study Group:
- An FE environment that isn’t completely restricted by processes.
- No evening or weekend classes.
- Holiday that can be taken during term-time.
- A global network that works with a number of top tier University partners.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- Rare classroom environment.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will deliver highly effective modules across one or all of the courses delivered at the Sussex study centre, working at one, or all of the following levels: Foundation (Level 3); International Year 1 (Level 4); and Pre Masters (Level 6).
- You’ll input to the design and development of modules and sessions offered by the centre.
- A maximum of 25 hours contact time per week, spread across lectures, seminars, and tutorials.
- You will deliver at least two of the following subject areas; Financial Accounting, Theory of Investment, Management Accounting, Principles of Finance, Introduction to Accounting
- Participating in regular meetings with staff providing input relating to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
What experience do you need?
You will be a standout colleague committed to the centre, willing to take part in the centre’s activities, including trialling new and exciting Business related technologies. See below the key experience required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area.
- A teaching Qualification, Professional Qualification, or a Masters in a relevant subject area would be highly desirable.
- Extensive teaching experience, ideally in Finance and Accounting, from a Further Education or Higher Education environment
- The Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
- A student centred approach, that incorporates innovate and creative classroom activities
The University of Sussex International Study Centre is a campus that offers a unique combination of tranquillity and energy. The centre is surrounded by a breath-taking national park, yet at the same time we are a short train or bus journey from Brighton. Brighton has fantastic transport links, so you'll easily be able to explore the rest of the UK and Europe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.