Academic Tutor in Economics
Are you an inspirational and motivating Economics teacher? Are you a team player who would like the freedom to innovate? If your answers are YES, then why not join our outstanding Business and Economics team.
The University of Sheffield International College and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with the University of Sheffield. We are currently seeking an Academic Tutor in Economics.
- Provide academic coordination for designated module(s) in the role of Module Coordinator
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by the college
- Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a normal teaching commitment of 18.75 hours per week. However, there may be a reduction in teaching for curriculum responsibility, as well as academic coordination.
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
- Develop and update course material for related modules, including module material on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Providing academic guidance and support to a designated group of students through the tutorial system
- Work with the college’s Student & Academic Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Subject.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please return your CV to USIChr@studygroup.com via the Apply link.