Residential Enrichment Officer
37 hours per week, 37 weeks per year
Monday – Thursday Noon – 20:30, Friday 08:30 – 16:30 (35 weeks)
Monday – Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 16:30 (2 weeks non term time)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of the evening recourses and events in the student accommodation to ensure that the circa 400 residential students live in a relaxed, safe, study conducive environment and that there are a range of activities on offer for them to participate in. Playing an active role in the running of the Residents Voice group, you will be organising and running a range of evening events and activities including party nights and the end of year Summer Ball. You will also be responsible for monitoring meal card usage and monitoring the upkeep of the halls of residence.
The post-holder will work closely with the Senior Residents supervising the evening events Programme and along alongside the Residential Support Manager, Support Wardens, Housekeeping, Premises, Maintenance and Office staff to ensure the students stay is a rewarding and enjoyable experience. There may also be a requirement to cover for the Duty Support Warden if needed.
This role would suit an enthusiastic, forward thinking person who is adaptable and likes work with young people. It entails the opportunity to design and run an exciting events programme.
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £18,840 - £20,595 per annum. With the contractual hours set out above, the actual salary including holiday pay is £15,162 - £16,575 per annum.
Closing Date: 30 July 2018
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) Pro-rated for part-time staff.
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Apply for Residential Enrichment Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly