Lecturer - HE Vet Nursing and Applied Animal Science
University Centre Sparsholt is looking to appoint an HE lecturer and tutor in Veterinary Nursing and Applied Animal Science. The successful candidate will be part of a team ensuring the quality of Sparsholt‘s Higher Education Veterinary Nursing provision and will teach on a range of courses which may include veterinary nursing, animal management and equine science. The role will involve lecturing, practical instruction, demonstration, and other appropriate work relating to students’ learning programmes. The post holder should be qualified to at least Level 6 and possess a Veterinary Nursing qualification, with post graduate qualifications in a relevant subject desirable. Significant work experience in veterinary practice and an enthusiasm for working with animals is essential. The post holder should also possess, or be willing to work towards, an appropriate teaching qualification.
This post will be based at the Sparsholt Campus.
Closing Date: 30 July 2018
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on- site parking
- Car Care Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Apply for Lecturer - HE Vet Nursing and Applied Animal Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly