Part-time Lecturer - Electrical (0.5 FTE)
18.5 hours per week
Working within our Construction team, this post will be joining the College which has a strong focus on providing our learners with the skills and knowledge to promote skills within the sector. Ideally, candidates will have a sound knowledge of electrical installation and the construction industry, together with a comprehensive knowledge of current site health and safety legislation.
Whilst you do not have to have a formal teaching qualification or teaching experience to apply for this role you do need to have:
- A willingness to attain a teaching and assessing qualification. Courses are run in-house by the College.
- An interest and passion to interact with and develop young people.
Experience of working within an educational institution would be a distinct advantage to support our ambitious plan for the future development of our construction curriculum. Experience of fitting out an electrical installation teaching area would also be a very positive advantage.
The start date for this role is ideally immediately, however could be September.
This post is based at the Andover campus.
Closing Date: 30 July 2018
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on- site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Apply for Part-time Lecturer - Electrical (0.5 FTE)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly