Residential Support Warden
£21,666 - £23,684 (pro rata if 42 weeks per year)
This is an active front line role, working as part of the team responsible for providing our learners (around 400) with a positive residential experience.
As a key member of the Residential Support Team you will help to ensure that the learners have an appropriate level of supervision and support at all times. The successful applicant should be enthusiastic and keen to work with young people and participate fully in the provision of facilities and activities to meet and exceed the learners needs and expectations. You will need a good understanding of the needs of young people with the ability to guide and empathies but still retain strong boundaries and uphold high standards of conduct. Experience of working with young adults or students is essential and a teaching, youth work or counselling qualification would be desirable.
The role entails working an average of 37 hours per week worked on a shift pattern, including evenings, weekends and nights (12 hour shifts, 4 shifts on 4 shifts off). This role can either be worked on a 42 week per year basis or a 52 week per year basis.
With the contractual hours of 37 hours per week, 42 weeks per year, the actual salary range is £19,791 - £21,633 per annum. The working pattern involves working all term weeks, half terms and a further 5 weeks.
Closing Date: 23 July 2018
Interview Date: 02 August 2018
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider