Programme Leader - Higher Education
37 hours per week
B&FC's engineering curriculum area are looking to recruit a Programme Leader specialising within HE. Come and make a difference working closely with B&FC students who take pride in their training as well as working with employers to deliver the best training.
- To be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning within the curriculum area.
- To be proactive in the development of the curriculum area.
- To be fully conversant with programme(s)/course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To support and stimulate professional updating within the defined curriculum area.
- To be responsible for the completion of the course review process and Quality Improvement Plan.
- To assist with the continuing development of learning resources to support the curriculum.
- To actively inform the curriculum content to meet a range of needs.
- To take responsibility for the day to day operational coordination of the course and its delivery.
- To assist the Curriculum Leader in monitoring and using the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, for example, e-Tracker, Moodle, HE Tracker, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets for the area, including arranging interviews and open days, and specific curriculum events.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on a range of quality indicators related to the learner experience. These will include (but not limited to): attendance, retention, success, value added, student survey outcomes.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on the progress of action plans to ensure improvements are brought about in a timely manner.
Stand responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.