Subject Leader for International Development
What is this role and where does it fit in?
To plan and manage the delivery of a range of modules for particular subject area. To provide support and guidance to the team of Academic tutors delivering these modules and to line manage a number of Academic Tutors. To develop and enhance the academic rigour of the subject of International Development at ISC Sussex.
- Line management and personal development
- Academic and Operational Management
- Academic Standards, Quality Assurance and Enhancement
- Course validation, changes and programme oversight
- Partnership Liaison
What experience do you need?
- Experience of planning and running complex education courses in subject area
- Experience of teaching in subject area
- PhD in relevant subject area
- Teaching qualification or relevant teaching experience at HE
- Line management experience in a teaching and learning environment
- Experience of leading a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets
- Experience of partnership working in the education sector
- Experience of transition from provider institution to partner HEI
- Knowledge of best practice in teaching and learning in HE in subject area
- Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes
- Knowledge of relevant standards and benchmarks applicable to academic programmes and courses in HE
Where is this role based?
This role is based at the University of Sussex International Study Centre. The campus offers a unique combination of tranquillity and energy. The centre is surrounded by a beautiful national park, yet at the same time we are a short train or bus journey from Brighton. Brighton has fantastic transport links, so you'll easily be able to explore the rest of the UK and Europe.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please click the Apply link to be redirected to our site. This is a rolling recruitment process so please apply ASAP.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.